Forget about Berkeley. Try other positions in that Uni if you want, but forget about this one. I have already spent a lot of time and money on it, don’t waste any more.
My next job should be
– good manager
– not being forced to sit, freedom to walk around
– no dress code, jean okay.
– respect programmers
– excellent workmates, eg excellent professionals
– good pay
– not quick fix codes, but structural & well planned.
– ideally non profit, but can compromise on that.
– has growth & promotion room